Tuesday, October 7, 2008

trending towards mccain


http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/10/catholics_abortion_again.html

these two articles push me towards voting for McCain. the first is about the importance of Supreme Court nominations. i am more comfortable with conservative justices, simply because the nature of their task. to change the law in the face of historical precedent and public opinion should be hard, not impossible, but really hard. which would require justices who favor the status quo or a return to a historical era. judicial "activism" seems to counter to the mission of the court in the triumvirate republic. the legislature exists to create laws, the court is there to review them.

abortion has been a major issue for me in this election, i didn't think it would be. i always considered abortion a battle already waged and won (not that i agree with it). but Obama's voting history in particular and his responses to abortion related questions have left me uneasy with him. i find it almost impossible to support him based on this single issue (though i've said i would never be a single issue voter).

the right to life cannot be negotiable and Obama supports choice (murder). if only McCain would give me a reason to vote for him and not against Obama i think i would be a decided voter, but he hasn't. so i remain undecided. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well thought out Donald. Take this one to prayer, man. Maybe your brain is getting in the way. I've prayed, "God, I know you are sovreign, but this seems important to me. Show me who you would like me to vote for." Kinda simple, but sometimes I find He likes it that way.